Metro Forum is back this year after a two-year break due to Covid, and much like the world around us, things have changed…here are three great reasons to attend this year’s event on Thursday 14th July 2022.
1. For you, by you. We are delighted that our Customers have created the event’s format this year. In April, a group of Customers formed our very first Metro Forum Steer Co. Knowing time is precious, we wanted to ensure that we deliver the right content and give you the best return on your time. We are incredibly grateful to The Entertainer, The Watches of Switzerland Group, Ryman, Greene King, and One Stop for their help in helping build this year’s event. Keep reading to see some of what they have planned!
2. Breakout Sessions, Speed Dating(!), and Panel Debates are just three of the new features introduced for this year’s event. With breakout sessions planned to cover topics like Metro Time. Metro Self Service, Store Visits, Metro Teams, Activity Planner, Messaging, Metro Helpdesk, Metro Print, Metro Data and Metro People, there is something to pique everyone’s interest.
3. They say the best things come in three’s, and so we are blessed to have three terrific keynote speakers lined up in the shape of Gareth Harvey, Jennifer Sproul and Diane Wehrle.
- Gareth is Director of Behavioural Science at Decide, the UK’s oldest independent creative agency. Before joining Decide, Gareth was a Professor of Consumer Psychology and can regularly be heard and seen talking about all aspects of Consumer Psychology on both radio and television.
- Jennifer is CEO at the Institute of Internal Communication and is responsible for the leadership of the only independent professional body solely dedicated to internal communication. The IoIC has been providing a home for the UK’s internal comms community since 1949, when the British Association of Industrial Editors was established. The organisation has changed along with the internal communications profession and has continued to evolve by promoting professionalisation, adherence to high working standards and the recognition of best practices.
- Diane is the Marketing and Insights Director at Springboard. She is regarded as one of the top 100 global retail influencers and a leading commentator on retail and high street performance. Diane regularly appears and is quoted in the national print and broadcast media and presents at leading industry conferences.
Of course, the day also offers the opportunity to reconnect with industry colleagues from across the UK, Europe and beyond, something we have all missed these past two years.
Metro Forum at a glance:
- Thursday 14th July 2022
- Castle Malwood, Minstead. SO4 7PE
- Check in and Coffee from 9:00 am
- Metro Forum from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Drinks / Dinner from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Metro Awards / Live Entertainment 8:00 pm to Late
Registration is free and gives you unlimited access to the event, and the whole forum programme, including the opportunity to join your peers for a full day of learning, networking, entertainment and fun.
There’s a place with your name on it – all you have to do is register!