Reiss is a UK-based fashion brand owned and run by founder, David Reiss. The brand produces men’s and women’s clothing. It has 160+ stores, located primarily in the UK, but with stores in the USA, Ireland, UAE, China and Malaysia. The Reiss flagship store and headquarters in London, designed by Squire and Partners, has won several awards including the RIBA Award, the BCO Award and the Civic Trust Award. The brand was named Fashion Retailer of the Year in 2003 at the British Style Awards.
Reiss has seen a significant increase in the number of its stores, including key stores in Heathrow Terminal 5 and Westfield London, to more than 160 outlets worldwide. Reiss intends to eventually grow to 250+ stores worldwide. The brand has been one of the few British retailers to crack the American market after opening in Greenwich Village, New York.
Reiss needed a central communications hub to publish, manage and report on all operational communication within this dynamic retailer. Reference information needed to be stored and accessed easily, task information published in chronological order and feedback gathered quickly and easily. With service being a key focus it was essential that store management could access, digest and action operational communication quickly and easily.
Performance information was distributed in hard copy or complex and non-personalised electronic documents, which made finding relevant information quickly and easily very challenging. At the time, click and collect was a key initiative and any new system had to support this key retail process. iPads had been rolled out to stores to for store managers to use for customer service and also enable them to have access to operational communication without using the till points or back office.
People management was also a requirement to ensure that starters, leavers and change of details processes was handled efficiently along with timesheets and scheduling.
RMS provided Metro Unified Comms as the solution to help consolidate all personalised ad-hoc operational and reference information within a single application. Task management was made simple through the use of the online planner to publish task items and feedback was gathered and automatically collated into an easily manageable format.
Performance information is displayed in a graphical format with personalised KPI’s displayed on the initial home page screen. Click and collect process was supported by integrating the task planner to display orders and enable store management to update and notify customers of the goods arriving in to store.
People Management is now greatly simplified with the introduction of Metro’s Workforce Management module. Information is gathered, validated and integrated to central payroll for automated processing and Scheduling has been enabled to match labour resource to demand, in order to drive sales and improve customer service.
- Vertical – Menswear, Womenswear, and Fashion Accessories
- Employees – 2000+
- Stores – 160+
- Deliver targeted and personalised communication
- React tactically to market conditions
- Single source of operational communication
- Deliver store specific KPI information
- Gather information from every store quickly and easily
- Support click and collect process
- Support all people processes
- Effective scheduling to deliver increased sales and customer service
- Integrated timesheets for simple payroll processing
- Access, complete and process all functionality on iPad
- More shop floor time for store managers
- Less time spent on administration and enable focus on value add activities
- Quick and easy to process and notify customers of click and collect orders
- Reduced production and postage costs
- Improved employee engagement
- Reduced time to process new starters
- Reduced time to process payroll
- Improved scheduling to match demand
- Ease of access on iPad
- Seamless support for click and collect process