Denner is a discount supermarket chain in Switzerland. It is Switzerland’s third largest supermarket chain after Migros and Co-op with 11.4% market share. Whilst having only 11% of the grocery market, Denner has over 20% of the retail wine market in Switzerland. Denner operates with a mix of company owned and franchise stores across Switzerland.
Denner had a unique operational challenge in having to publish all operational communications in three languages – German, Italian and French. Each piece of communication would have to be created, translated and then published to the store estate. Due to the complexity of operations across the estate with language, ownership models and pricing channels a specialist solution was required to meet Denners needs.
Denner implemented RMS’ Operations Director solution to manage communication to its branch estate. In addition to the communication requirement, RMS integrated to Denner’s central systems to support ordering, invoice processing and product catalogue distribution. The result is a single multilingual enterprise solution to manage retail operations across 750 stores.
- Vertical – Supermarket with focus on Wine sales
- Employees – 15,000
- Stores – 750
- Automated workflow to support publishing process
- Multi-lingual publishing in three languages
- Targeted distribution according to attribute of branch, language and ownership model
- Integration to central systems to support key business processes
- Personalised and appropriate operational information presented to each user
- Seamless process compliance due to integration to central systems
- Significant reduction in paper and postage costs
- Improved task compliance